The 2012 Olympic Games kicks off at the home of Welsh rugby - the Millennium Stadium - for both the men's and women's football competitions. Cardiff's iconic stadium will be hosting 11 exciting matches of the 2012 Olympic football tournament.
Dates & Times
25 Jul 12
- 10 Aug 12
0844 847 2012.
The 2012 Olympic Games kicks off at the home of Welsh rugby - the Millennium Stadium - for both the men's and women's football competitions. Cardiff's iconic stadium will be hosting 11 matches.
25 July 2012 16:00 Great Britain v New Zealand (w) 18:45 Cameroon v Brazil (w)
26 July 2012 19:45 Brazil v Egypt (m)
28 July 2012 14:30 New Zealand v Brazil (w) 17:15 Great Britain v Cameroon (w)
31 July 2012 14:30 Japan v South Africa (w)
1 August 2012 17:00 Mexico v Switzerland (m) 19:45 Great v Britain v Uruguay (m)
3 August 2012 17:00 2E v 2F (w)
4 August 2012 19:30 1A v 2B (m)
10 August 2012 19:45 Bronze Medal Final (m)
(w) = women's games
(m) - men's games
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MILLENNIUM STADIUM VISITOR INFORMATION
Five top tips for Olympic Football Tournament spectators
London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) is reminding spectators of five top tips to ensure a great day out at sessions at the Millennium Stadium.
1. Arrive early so you have plenty of time to go through security: gates open two hours before kick-off of the first match in your session. It will be busy so expect to queue. You will need to empty your pockets before you go through security checks.
2. We strongly suggest you do not bring a bag: the security procedure for Football is different to other London 2012 venues. If you do bring a bag, your entry to the venue will be delayed and you may miss your event.
3. Read the lists of prohibited and restricted items for your venue: if you are carrying any of these items with you when you arrive, you will be asked to surrender it and won't get it back. You cannot bring in liquids over 100ml. There are no storage facilities available.
4. Book your travel now to make sure you get to your event on time: the transport network will be much busier than usual and local transport arrangements the stadium will be different during the Games. The venue's car parks will be closed and other parking and road restrictions will be in place for matches - see below for details of how to get to the stadium or read the travel information online.
5. Remember the only way to pay is by Visa (debit, credit or prepaid card) or cash: some Football venues only accept cash at food and drink outlets - check your venue information online for details. There are no ATM cash machines available inside your venue.
Security arrangements for Olympic football events are different from usual football matches and these differences must be planned for.
LOCOG Chair, Seb Coe said "We want everyone to have a fantastic day out at the Olympic Football tournament and these tips have been designed to ensure that. With some pre-planning and by arriving early you'll have plenty of time to enter the venue, find your seats before the match and soak up the atmosphere."
The London 2012 Olympic Football Tournament starts on 25 July.
Great tickets are still available including your chance to see Brazil's star players Neymar, Alexandre Pato and Thiago Silva in action at the Millennium Stadium. For this match and many other unmissable fixtures visit www.tickets.london2012.com
CLICK HERE to view full hospitality package details
Park and Ride is an ideal method of transport for getting to and from the city centre during the Games.
The park and ride sites have provisions for the disabled with parking adjacent to the bus pick-up point within the site, as well as low-floor access buses. The sites are adjacent to major road networks in Cardiff.
Drivers are advised to leave the M4 at Junction 33 and follow the signs to the available parking site at the time of arrival.
The Park and Ride service is £10 per car. To reserve your parking space, please email email@example.com
The hours of operation are outlined below on an individual event basis. Sites will open 30 minutes before the first bus, and close 30 minutes after the last bus leaves the city centre.
|Kick-Off||First Bus (from park and ride)||Last Bus (from city centre)|
|Wed 25th July||4:00pm||10:00am||10:30pm|
|Thurs 26th July||7:45pm||10:00am||11:30pm|
|Sat 28th July||2:30pm||9:30am||9:00pm|
|Tues 31st July||2:30pm||10:00am||6:30pm|
|Wed 1st August||5:00pm||9:30am||11:30pm|
|Fri 3rd August||5:00pm||10:00am||9:00pm|
|Sat 4th August||7:30pm||9:30am||11:30pm|
|Fri 10th August||7:45pm||9:30am||11:30pm|
We suggest that you allow 15 minutes walk from the drop-off point to the Stadium, and a further 40 minutes to reach your allocated seat.
Free coach parking will be provided on King Edward VII Avenue in Cardiff City Centre. Travel by coach is ideal as a means of contributing to the minimising of highway congestion.
Drivers are advised to leave the M4 at Junction 32 and follow the signs for coach parking.
For those closer to the city centre, secure cycle parking is located in Sophia Gardens. Road closures in the City Centre During the Games
The city centre will be subject to a full event road closure two hours prior to the event, and for at least one hour afterwards.
The road closure is outlined below:
• Kingsway from its junction with North Road / Boulevard de Nantes to its junction with Duke Street.
• Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Road to its junction with Westgate St.
• Tudor Street from its junction with Clare Road to its junction with Wood Street
• Plantagenet St and Beauchamp Street from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor Street
• The following roads will be closed in their entirety: Duke Street, Castle Street, High Street, St Mary Street, Caroline Street, Wood Street, Central Square, Westgate Street, Quay Street, Guildhall Place, Golate, Park Street, Havelock Street and Scott Road.
Cardiff Central Railway Station is a short walk from the Millennium Stadium. Travellers should prepare for trains to be busier than usual. For further information, please contact Traveline or Network Rail.
Bus services in the area will be affected. For further information contact the bus companies or visit their websites.
CARDIFF BUS INFORMATI0N
RBS Six Nations
01 Feb 14
RBS Six Nations
21 Feb 14
RBS Six Nations
15 Mar 14
20 Apr 14
Amlin Challenge Cup
23 May 14
24 May 14
12 Jul 14